During these difficult times, we would like to reassure our patients that we are trying our very best to provide treatment to our patients with the utmost safety and protection whilst we manage the day to workings of the Surgery during COVID 19. We do not need to know if you have symptoms but please ring us if you are acutely unwell.
Here are some of the measures we have put in place to provide protection to our patients and staff working in our organisation:
Contacting the Practice
• All patients are advised to ring the surgery on 01572 490399 if they have an urgent clinical concern. All routine appointments have been cancelled until further notice.
• All patients are advised against coming into the surgery if they have a new persistent cough or a high temperature, they are advised to self-isolate and if they have any other non-COVID 19 related concerns and wish to speak to a clinician, then they will be added to the clinician telephone triage list, where a clinician will ring them to advise further.
For further information on self-isolaion or the latest information on COVID 19, please visit; http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
• In order to restrict the number of face to face consultations carried out in the surgery, the Clinician who rings you for a call back from their telephone triage list may ask you for a video consultation callback using software called ‘AccuRx’, you will need a smartphone for this. They will send you a SMS text message to your smartphone with a link to join the video consultation.
Visiting the Practice
• There are specific yellow signs guiding you to the window where staff will be able to support you, whether it’s for collecting medication from the dispensary or any other enquiry.
• Our nursing team are carrying out INR’s for those patients that require this. They are also taking blood tests whilst wearing (Personal Protective Equipment) PPE.
• When patients are booked into an appointment at the surgery, they are informed that they must remain in their car until a clinician is ready to see them. They are asked for the make/model/colour/registration number plate of the car that they will arrive to the surgery in. Once the clinician is ready to see you , they will collect you from the carpark.
• A patient must not come to the surgery if they show any COVID 19 symptoms (new cough and or high temperature).
• If you are asked to collect something from the surgery, you will be asked to use the intercom which has been installed, it allows you to speak to a member of the reception team without entering the surgery. A member of staff will then deliver the item you are requesting by attending to you whilst wearing a mask (for your protection).
• You are advised to request repeat medication using the website if you do not have access to Systmone online prescriptions: https://marketovertonandsomerbysurgeries.co.uk/online-forms/repeat-prescription-request/
• Somerby Surgery will be seeing Shielded patients only for essential pre-booked appointments, until further notice.
• Somerby Surgery is open for prescription collection/ collection of medication ordered from the dispensary only (you will be asked to book a time slot to collect your medication).
- Shielding Patient’s
Patients who are asked to remain in doors for 12 weeks but still require to attend the Surgery for their routine appointments, are being booked into the green zone clinic at Uppingham Surgery. They have a special facility to see Shielding patients. Please click here for further information.
• We are asking our patients to book into a time slot for collecting their dispensed medication, this is to manage footfall into the surgery.
• We are also asking patients to request medication 10 days in advance of requiring the medication as a reduced workforce has meant that we do not have enough staff to manage the usual volume of dispensing.
Finally, please understand that whilst the NHS staff carry out an amazing job to ensure that they are well enough to come into work to enable the surgery to remain open, there are occasions when some of the staff have/will have to self-isolate, as such, we are operating on a reduce workforce and we are grateful for your kind understanding whilst we try and deliver the best service to you during these extraordinary times.